In this article you’ll find related links that will help you to plan the best trip, free coupons save a lot of money on hotels, car rentals, restaurants and attractions.
Welcome to the Ultimate City Guide to Korcula, where we will explore all the must-see sights and exciting activities this beautiful Croatian island has to offer. From stunning beaches and historical landmarks to delicious food and vibrant nightlife, Korcula has something for everyone. So, grab your sunscreen and let’s dive into this wonderful destination!
Top Sights and Attractions
Black Tourmaline tree of life pendant
1. Old Town Korcula: Start your adventure with a visit to the charming Old Town, surrounded by medieval walls and filled with narrow cobbled streets. Explore the stunning architecture, visit St. Mark’s Cathedral, and don’t forget to climb the tower for breathtaking views of the city and the Adriatic Sea.
Save & TravelClick to see the Best apartments Deals and Discounts
Click to see the Best Resorts Deals and Discounts
Click to see the Best Villas Deals and Discounts
Click to see the Best bed and breakfast Deals and Discounts
Click to see the Best Guesthouses Deals and Discounts
2. Marco Polo Museum: Did you know that the famous explorer Marco Polo was born in Korcula? Learn all about his life and adventures at the Marco Polo Museum, located in his alleged birth house. The museum showcases artifacts and interactive displays that bring his journeys to life.
3. Korcula Town Walls: For a unique perspective of the island, take a walk along the ancient town walls. You’ll be rewarded with panoramic views of the surrounding area and the sparkling blue waters, making for some great photo opportunities.
4. Moreska Sword Dance: Experience the traditional Moreska Sword Dance, a dramatic and captivating performance that has been a part of Korcula’s cultural heritage for centuries. The dance tells the story of a brave knight rescuing a princess, and the choreography and costumes are truly mesmerizing.
5. Beaches: No visit to Korcula is complete without a day at the beach. The island boasts a variety of beautiful, pristine beaches, such as Vela Przina, Lumbarda, and Pupnatska Luka. Whether you prefer a secluded cove or a lively beach bar, you’ll find the perfect spot to soak up the sun and take a refreshing dip in the sea.
Activities and Excursions
1. Wine Tasting: Korcula is known for its excellent wine production, so why not take a wine tasting tour and sample some local varietals? Many vineyards offer tours and tastings, where you can learn about the winemaking process and enjoy the picturesque countryside.
2. Sea Kayaking: For a more active adventure, consider renting a kayak and exploring the island’s coastline from the water. Paddle through crystal-clear waters, discover hidden coves, and maybe even encounter some friendly dolphins along the way.
3. Snorkeling and Diving: The waters surrounding Korcula are teeming with colorful marine life and underwater treasures. Snorkeling and diving tours are available for all levels of experience, allowing you to explore coral reefs, caves, and shipwrecks.
4. Sailing Excursions: If you’re looking for a more leisurely way to enjoy the sea, consider joining a sailing excursion around the island. You’ll have the chance to relax on deck, swim in secluded bays, and enjoy a delicious lunch prepared on board.
5. Cycling and Hiking: Korcula’s diverse landscape makes it perfect for outdoor enthusiasts. Rent a bike or lace up your hiking boots to explore the island’s lush forests, rolling hills, and charming villages. You’ll be rewarded with stunning vistas and a great workout.
Where to Eat and Drink
When it comes to food and drink, Korcula offers a mouthwatering array of options. From fresh seafood and Mediterranean cuisine to local wines and refreshing cocktails, you’ll find plenty of delicious choices to satisfy your cravings. Be sure to try konoba, a traditional Dalmatian tavern, for an authentic and hearty meal.
Q: When is the best time to visit Korcula?
A: The peak tourist season in Korcula is during the summer months, from June to August, when the weather is warm and the beaches are bustling. However, if you prefer a quieter experience, consider visiting in the shoulder seasons of spring and autumn when the weather is still pleasant, and the crowds are thinner.
Q: How do I get to Korcula?
A: The most common way to reach Korcula is by ferry from Split or Dubrovnik, or by catamaran from other nearby islands. You can also arrive by car ferry from Orebic on the mainland. Once on the island, local buses and taxis are available for transportation.
Q: Is English widely spoken in Korcula?
A: Yes, English is commonly spoken in Korcula, especially in tourist areas. However, it’s always a good idea to learn a few basic Croatian phrases to show respect for the local culture.
Now that you have a better sense of what makes Korcula such a special destination, start planning your trip and get ready to immerse yourself in everything this stunning island has to offer. Whether you’re exploring historical sites, indulging in delicious cuisine, or simply relaxing on the beach, Korcula is a delightful destination that will leave you with lasting memories. Safe travels, and be sure to savor every moment on this incredible Croatian gem!