In this article you’ll find related links that will help you to plan the best trip, free coupons save a lot of money on hotels, car rentals, restaurants and attractions.
If you are planning a family vacation to the beautiful Plitvice Lakes in Croatia, you are in for a treat! With its stunning natural scenery, crystal-clear lakes, and lush forests, Plitvice Lakes offers an array of family-friendly activities that are sure to keep everyone entertained and create unforgettable memories.
Here are the top 10 family-friendly activities to enjoy at Plitvice Lakes:
Black Tourmaline tree of life pendant
1. Explore the Plitvice Lakes National Park: This UNESCO World Heritage site is home to 16 interconnected lakes and a series of breathtaking waterfalls. Take the family on a leisurely hike along the park’s well-maintained trails and admire the stunning natural beauty of the area. Be sure to bring your camera as there will be plenty of photo opportunities!
Save & TravelClick to see the Best apartments Deals and Discounts
Click to see the Best Resorts Deals and Discounts
Click to see the Best Villas Deals and Discounts
Click to see the Best bed and breakfast Deals and Discounts
Click to see the Best Guesthouses Deals and Discounts
2. Boat Ride on Kozjak Lake: Hop on a boat and take a relaxing cruise across the tranquil Kozjak Lake. This is a great way to soak in the scenery and enjoy some quality time with your family while taking in the amazing views of the surrounding landscape.
3. Visit the Upper and Lower Lakes: The Upper and Lower Lakes offer a variety of paths and boardwalks that wind through the park, providing opportunities for the whole family to explore and discover the diverse plant and animal life that inhabit the area.
4. Try Traditional Croatian Cuisine: Take a break from exploring and treat the family to a delicious meal at one of the park’s restaurants. Sample traditional Croatian dishes such as grilled fish, cevapi (grilled meat), and fuzi (pasta) to experience the local flavors.
5. Picnic by the Waterfalls: Pack a picnic and find a scenic spot by one of the park’s many waterfalls. Enjoy a leisurely meal with your family while being surrounded by the soothing sounds of the cascading water.
6. Take a Scenic Train Ride: Kids and adults alike will love taking a ride on the park’s scenic train, which provides a convenient way to see the highlights of the park while enjoying the ride.
7. Visit the Veliki Slap Waterfall: The Veliki Slap Waterfall is the largest waterfall in the park and is a must-see attraction for families. Take a short walk to the viewing platform and witness the sheer power and beauty of the cascading water.
8. Go Wildlife Spotting: Keep your eyes peeled for the diverse array of wildlife that resides within the park, including deer, wild boars, and a variety of bird species. This is a great opportunity for kids to learn about the local flora and fauna.
9. Visit the Plitvice Museum: Take a break from the outdoor activities and head to the Plitvice Museum, where you can learn about the history and natural heritage of the area through educational exhibits and displays.
10. Stay at a Family-Friendly Accommodation: After a day of exploration, relax and unwind at one of the family-friendly accommodations available near the park. Look for options that offer activities and amenities that cater to families, such as playgrounds and swimming pools.
Q: Are there any age restrictions for visiting the Plitvice Lakes National Park?
A: There are no age restrictions for visiting the park. However, some of the trails may not be suitable for very young children or those with mobility issues. It’s always best to check the park’s official website for trail conditions and accessibility information before your visit.
Q: Are strollers allowed in the park?
A: While strollers are allowed in some areas of the park, the terrain can be rugged and the paths may be narrow and uneven in some spots. Consider using a baby carrier or backpack for young children to navigate the trails more easily.
Q: Is swimming allowed in the lakes?
A: Swimming is not allowed in the Plitvice Lakes, as the area is a protected natural reserve. However, there are designated swimming areas in nearby Gacka River where families can take a dip and cool off on hot days.
Q: Can we bring our own food and drinks into the park?
A: Yes, visitors are allowed to bring their own food and drinks into the park for picnics and snacks. However, please be sure to properly dispose of any waste and follow the park’s guidelines for maintaining a clean and pristine environment.
Q: What is the best time of year to visit Plitvice Lakes with a family?
A: The best time to visit with a family is during the spring or early summer when the weather is mild, and the flora and fauna are in full bloom. The park is generally less crowded during this time, making it easier to navigate with children.
In conclusion, a family vacation to Plitvice Lakes promises an array of unforgettable experiences for everyone. With its stunning natural beauty, diverse activities, and family-friendly amenities, it’s the perfect destination for a memorable adventure with the ones you love. So, pack your bags, grab your camera, and get ready to create lasting memories at Plitvice Lakes!