In this article you’ll find related links that will help you to plan the best trip, free coupons save a lot of money on hotels, car rentals, restaurants and attractions.
If you’re planning a family trip to Trogir, Croatia, you’re in for a treat! This charming town is brimming with history, culture, and countless opportunities for fun and adventure. Whether you’re traveling with young children, teenagers, or adults, Trogir has something for everyone. Best of all, many of the activities in Trogir are affordable, making it easy to enjoy quality family time without breaking the bank. Here are 10 fun and affordable family activities to try in Trogir:
1. Explore Trogir Old Town: Take a stroll through Trogir’s Old Town, a UNESCO World Heritage site that boasts stunning architecture, ancient alleyways, and bustling squares. Kids will love exploring the narrow streets and discovering hidden gems, while parents can soak up the town’s rich history and vibrant atmosphere. Best of all, wandering around Old Town is completely free!
Black Tourmaline tree of life pendant
2. Visit Kamerlengo Fortress: Located near the waterfront, Kamerlengo Fortress offers panoramic views of the Adriatic Sea and the nearby islands. Kids will love climbing to the top of the fortress walls and imagining what life was like for the castle’s inhabitants. The entrance fee is budget-friendly, making it a great option for families.
Save & TravelClick to see the Best apartments Deals and Discounts
Click to see the Best Resorts Deals and Discounts
Click to see the Best Villas Deals and Discounts
Click to see the Best bed and breakfast Deals and Discounts
Click to see the Best Guesthouses Deals and Discounts
3. Take a Boat Ride: Trogir is surrounded by crystal-clear waters, so why not take a boat ride and explore the coastline? There are plenty of affordable boat tours available, which offer the chance to swim in secluded bays, visit nearby islands, and enjoy the beauty of the Adriatic Sea.
4. Catamaran Excursion to Split: For a day trip that won’t break the bank, hop on a catamaran and head to nearby Split. This bustling city is home to the impressive Diocletian’s Palace, as well as a wide array of shops, restaurants, and cultural attractions. The catamaran ride itself is an adventure, offering breathtaking views of the coastline and islands along the way.
5. Sample Local Cuisine: Trogir is known for its delicious Mediterranean cuisine, and there are plenty of affordable options for families. Try traditional dishes like grilled fish, seafood risotto, and local cheeses at one of the town’s many family friendly eateries.
6. Rent Bikes and Explore: Trogir and its surrounding areas are ideal for exploring by bicycle. Rent bikes for the day and pedal along the waterfront, through charming villages, and along scenic coastal paths. This is a great way to get some exercise while enjoying the stunning natural beauty of the region.
7. Visit the Green Market: Trogir’s lively green market is a great place to experience local culture and pick up some affordable souvenirs. Kids will love browsing the stalls filled with fresh produce, colorful flowers, and handmade crafts.
8. Relax on the Beach: Trogir’s beaches are the perfect place to relax and unwind as a family. Pack a picnic, some beach toys, and sunscreen, and spend the day building sandcastles, swimming in the clear water, and soaking up the sun.
9. Go Snorkeling: Trogir is home to some of the best snorkeling spots in Croatia, and it’s a great activity for families. Rent snorkeling gear and explore the underwater world, where you’ll see colorful fish, marine life, and maybe even a shipwreck or two.
10. Take a Cooking Class: If your family loves food, consider taking a cooking class together. Learn how to prepare traditional Dalmatian dishes from a local chef, and then enjoy the fruits of your labor together.
Q: Is Trogir a family-friendly destination?
A: Absolutely! Trogir is a wonderful destination for families, with plenty of attractions and activities to keep kids of all ages entertained.
Q: What is the best time of year to visit Trogir with kids?
A: The summer months (June to August) are the most popular time to visit Trogir, as the weather is warm and the sea is perfect for swimming. However, spring and autumn are also great times to visit, with fewer crowds and milder temperatures.
Q: Are there any affordable accommodation options in Trogir for families?
A: Yes, Trogir offers a variety of accommodation options to suit all budgets, including family-friendly hotels, guesthouses, and vacation rentals.
Q: Can we visit nearby attractions from Trogir?
A: Yes, Trogir is ideally situated for exploring nearby attractions, such as the historic city of Split, the Krka National Park, and the island of Hvar. There are plenty of affordable transportation options available, including buses, ferries, and guided tours.
In conclusion, Trogir is a fantastic destination for families looking for a fun and affordable vacation. With its rich history, stunning natural beauty, and countless activities to enjoy, Trogir will leave your family with lasting memories and a desire to return again and again.